MassBloc® & Earth Retention
The MassBloc® system is taking Tasmania by storm, with councils, industry and government authorities realising the benefits of this simple and effective system for creating retaining walls, landslip stabilisation, sea walls, bridge abutments and wing walls, earth retention and more.
Projects so far have included major retaining structures for Transend, DIER, councils, private industry works, Tasmanian Railways, mine sites and various commercial developments.
The system is remarkably simple to install and Hudson Civil Products staff can assist you with any project aspects from preliminary planning and costing to detailed design and installation.
Product Features & Benefits
- 'INSTANT' Wall System - Quick to Install: Two experienced workers can place up to 70 blocks per day. MassBloc® is a modular system with low labour requirement.
- Dry Stacked, Mortarless construction: The blocks are interlocked by a nib precast into the base of each standard unit. Being dry-stacked, the system can tolerate some movement and settlement.
- Permeable Retaining Wall System: Blocks are permeable and can be supplemented by agricultural pipe in effectively minimizing hydrostatic pressure.
- Manufacturing Flexibility: Blocks can be manufactured with varying height and width. Tapered block sides easily adapt to curved walls.
- Design: All MassBloc® walls must be built in accordance with site specific design, prepared by a registered engineer. Hudson Civil Products can assist to provide a design service as part the MassBloc® package, if required.
Please contact us for more information.